At this time of year, we are especially thankful for our lives, family and friends. Living a life of thankfulness is a wonderful quality to have year round. To live with gratitude means continuously appreciating all we have. Things may not always turn out as we hope, but living with gratitude means looking on the positive side, appreciating what we do have and taking advantage of every moment and experience.
“Gratitude is strongly and consistently associated with greater happiness. Gratitude helps people feel more positive emotions, relish good experiences, improve their health, deal with adversity, and build strong relationships.”(1)
The importance of living life to the fullest was brought home to me recently when two people dear to me, a relative and a friend passed away suddenly.
Life is precious and we need to live joyous, purposeful, and giving lives.
Here are some steps to achieve these goals:
1. Acknowledge that we can choose how we live. We can prioritize what makes us happy. We can live life to the fullest!
2. Ask these questions:
- What really matters to me? How am I spending my time and does it make me feel fulfilled?
- Am I devoting time to self improvement and living a life of purpose?
- Can I find humor even during challenging times?
- Am I pursuing my passions and also contributing to the lives of others?
- Am I managing my health so that I have optimal mental, emotional, and physical vitality, resilience, and well-being?
I hope these questions inspire you to make positive changes in your life and the lives of others.
I wish you a beautiful Thanksgiving. And a year of good health, joy, and thankful living!
With warm regards,
Please feel free to read my past Newsletters on my blog Dr. Jill Baron Newsletters and Blog which has helpful tips for you to feel good and optimize your health.
If a friend has forwarded you this email, I invite you to receive my Newsletter by clicking on the link Dr. Jill Newsletter Sign Up. After filling out the form, you will receive a Stress Management Guide gift in your inbox!
Please click on the book image to purchase on Amazon!
A Great Holiday Gift!